Todd's D Magazine article the other day got me thinking about the best places to go for brunch in Dallas. So I thought I'd list my favorites here. This might give y'all an idea of the many things to do in Dallas:
10. Meddlesome Moth. I've not been here yet, but I hear the food is great! It's in the new trendy Design District just minutes away from the gayborhood. I've been there for happy hour.
9. Bread Winners. In Uptown (area just north of downtown Dallas). I like the food but it's become too popular with the straights and the yuppies that now gather in hordes in Uptown.
8. Smoke. In Oak Cliff (da cliff - said like "da hood"). Built next to the historic Belmont Hotel with it's fantastic views of the Dallas skyline.
7. Cafe Brazil. This Cafe Brazil is the one right on the strip, smackdab in the center of the gayborhood. Across the street from the Round Up Saloon and a favorite place to watch the boys walk around.
6. Bolsa. Another place in da Cliff. About a mile from my house. Good fresh food, but a bit pricey.
5. La Duni Latin Cafe. There are 2 great locations near the gayboorhood and the food is outstanding. Mimosas are great too!
4. Market Diner. Old style diner with your typcial diner breakfast foods close to the gayborhood. The old waitress with the beehive is worth seeing too. A favorite feeding spot for bears.
3. Lucky's. Most popular gay dining spot in Dallas! I once heard a woman say to her very hot boyfriend; "why is it so gay in here?" She was just jealous that her boyfriend was getting more attention than she was.
2. Oddfellows. A new brunch spot in the Bishop Arts District in Oak Cliff. The food is amazing!
1. Taverna. This is my favorite brunch spot in Dallas. It's in the Knox-Henderson area but still close to gaytown (this is their patio in the photo above). The food is fantastic, the focaccia is amazing and who can say no to bottomless mimosas or bellinis for $1?